Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

I have Schizophrenia for 10 years. I am now in remission state

I have Schizophrenia for 10 years. I am now in remission state and taking my medication daily. I think it was my interpersonal problem caused my inner stress and work stress. And also a series of life events happened in my family caused me mental breakdown 10 years ago. I hope to improve my interpersonal skill and how to relate my feelings to others. Please advise.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

In my view, you should go for social skill trainings for this purpose. All you need to do is to discuss with your psychiatrist about this option and he or she will direct you to the appropriate specialist.

Kindly see the link given below to know more about skills training and please feel free to ask if you still have any other query.

Skills Training and Illness Self-Management

I hope this helps.

Regards

Vikas

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Actually I joined similar Illness Recovery Management training before. I resume to my normal work and social life. But there is this particular group of people I find it hard to handle. She is my colleague. She always envy about my achievement as accountant. But she doesn't believe on continuous studies can actually help her to achieve my position. She wants to use whatever ways to earn more money Recently she asks me to sign off recommendation of Excellent service staff award so that she can gain some extra $200 as reward. Nothing is wrong for this. But she treats me very differently as she talks a lot of harsh language which I can hear from my room. I know she is struggling in her life. But as a superior, I also want to help her but I too afraid of her. After hearing too much of her negative words on me, it does affect my feeling.

Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. Well, if you are able to get along with rest of the people very well except this person you have mentioned, in this case I guess, it is not you but this person who requires some sort of professional help.