Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My mother and I dont have the best relationship and I keep

Customer Question

My mother and I don't have the best relationship and I keep hoping it will change but when I tell her how I feel about things she has said or done, she turns the conversation around to how I made a bad decision and rescuing me out of the situation was enough to show her love for me and she doesn't have to physically tell me. It's to the point now I consider taking my life than to keep feeling like this. Is there anything I can do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
SO you want to change your mother?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't think she is going to change because I cannot get her to see how what she says and does hurts me.

Are you a licensed medical doctor?