Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I dont know whats wrong with me. I am not able to have conversations

I dont know whats wrong with me. I am not able to have conversations with people, theres always an awkward silence, any time i'm in a situation where i have to talk with someone my mind goes blank.I shut myself off to people. i'm not able to stand up for my self. i have no confidence. i dont really care about things. i dont rally have an ability to show love or care and i cant open up. i feel like im trapped inside myself, like im in my head trying to get out but i cant. I dont really have any interests to do alot of things. Ihave little to no motivation. I used marijuana to help with my feelings in my head so everything is more subtle and i can use it to get out of stuff. I can be talkative and more fun when im with people when i first meet them then i just get bored with people.And i make up lies all the time specially when i have nothing to say or just to talk myself up. What is wrong with me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answers. Something is certainly wrong, and you do need help in finding some new ways to connect with people. Lying to a counselor never gets a person anywhere...remember that they can't tell people what you say, so unless you're going to hurt yourself or someone else, your secrets are safe.

I wonder if you have Social Anxiety Disorder . or Schizotypal Personality Disorder Read the article I linked to it and see if it fits. If so, you can take care of it with medication and self-help CBT techniques, and/or counseling.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So would these disorders cause me to mumble and mix my words and sentances around and prevent me from getting the words in my head to my mouth to speak and be loud enough to be heard, because when i talk im quiet.?
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Yes..The schizotypal personality disorder can do that. If you click on the link in the first post, and go to the symptoms page, you'll see this paragraph as well as others:

People with schizotypal personalities often have odd patterns of speech and ramble endlessly on tangents to a topic of conversation. They may dress in peculiar ways and have very strange ways of viewing the world around them. Often they harbor unusual ideas, such as believing in the powers of ESP or a sixth sense. At times, they believe they can magically influence people's thoughts, actions and emotions.