Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I have a friend who in the last week has started talking crazy .

Customer Question

I have a friend who in the last week has started talking "crazy". She claims that she is "born again", which would be great if that were the case, but with this she claims that she can communicate with animals, "read" people and know what they are thinking. She is concerned for the safety of her and her husband (who is mentally disable himself from a serious motorcycle accident). It is difficult to follow her in a conversation and even her eyes have that "crazy" look...very wide open. She talks non-stop, she claims that she has lost her appetite and has lost 13 lbs. in the last week and a half or so. If I didn't know better I would think she was on meth or something. She certainly is delusional and has episodes of grandeur. What do you think is going on and as her friend what can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answers.

It sounds like your friend is in a full blown manic episode of bipolar disorder. She needs to see a physician as soon as possible, even if that means taking her to an ER. If she were to hurt herself or someone else during a delusion, she would have terrible regrets.

The link above will tell you more about it. Do everything you can to get her in front of a physician as soon as possible.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.