Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

I have realised I am trying to divorce a sociopath. It will

Customer Question

I have realised I am trying to divorce a sociopath. It will never work and it has cost me to date 17,000. Now i am going to legal aid. No one is interested in what he has done to me . The violence the running away from a prison sentence in Spain.the stealing the lies and the continual controling. I need help!!"!"
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.
HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answers. You're not alone in this. Thanks to the internet, women in your situation can pass information and support to one another in an attempt to try and remain sane while going through all the crazy-making that sociopaths create. Sociopaths and narcissists are very similar in the effect they have on others...let me give you some links that will let you connect to your peers.
Divorcing a narcissist If you google 'divorcing a narcissist', you'll find a page of good links.

Divorcing a sociopath

love fraud

The courts can ask, but no one will get him to cooperate.

Rules of the game

When you get caught up in the mess, read the article above to set your mind straight and your head clear so that you can move forward.

The links above will give you help & support as you go through this process.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna