Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

My sister-in-law has progressively gotten more fixated that

My sister-in-law has progressively gotten more fixated that her husband is cheating on her when in reality this is not so. She has been verbally and now physically abusing him. Keeps him awake most of every night wanting to discuss his infidelities. She is not open for any discussion at all because she is right and the rest of the family is wrong.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How can her husband get through to her without exasperating the issue any more than it is already?
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
He discontinues all talk on the subject with her. Every time she brings it up he politely says I have told you I am not cheating and I will not talk anymore about it. If you think I am cheating then leave. And now he puts it back on her to decide if what she thinks is true enough to leave or not.