Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

nd he received seed money for building a timerframe home in

Customer Question

nd he received seed money for building a timerframe home in Montana . It was an amazing job. If I coul send money you would know what I am talking about. It is much to er proud of for them and for me. Tim's grandpa funded it to start with and they have relied on anks locally to pay them for he work hey are doing in finishing up the project of 5 years. Now, T mom who actually is on the line for the loans of construction and who owns the property, has turned away from payng them anymore for their time and expenses for detailing and finishing. I am not wealthy, so I can not come forth with any money. I do not want them eating Elk meat and I sent my daughter a wordy letter telling her about food pantry emergency help. I did not want to start being panhandled so, I also fear for my daughter's mental health as her letters indicate a high degree of stress in her marriage and her life. I do not wish her to be afraid to ask for help. Rosemary
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 4 years ago.

Hi python and thanks for writing.

Can you formulate a question for us?

thank you

Cathy

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am I following the rules of 70 year old moms who just lost their spouse of 45 years, after a long term care period. Being alone to think thru kids and their lives is daunting at times.
Before they and I were partners in love and service to their dad, and now it is me and them and loving them as I do, I do not want to make the mistake of making them think I have money to spare (saving now for my retirement) still working ) No, they do not know I have inherited a lot, but they are trying to find out. It is my daughter and I have to know that my daughter is safe in Montana, but can't say too much to her, as I would never get it back. Jobs are always hard out in Montana and pay little. What is the moral questions I need to deal with here.
Their home has been on the market and they can not sell it. It is so very beautiful and if I could I would buy it. Don't you think I should let them hit bottom and not expose myself to loss of my retirement.???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What additional information I would like???

Who am I talking to right now, and what do you think of my thinking process about my daughter and trying to think thru the consequences of either continueing to work until I am unable to work (nurse) or just giving my inheritance away and living off the land so to speak. I do not want to lose my mother/daughter relationship ship but I want her to know the limits to my giving my old age security away, even though her security is important to me also. What do you think. Rosemary