Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

Hello... I took 1500 MG of Vicodin about 3 hours ago, and want

Hello... I took 1500 MG of Vicodin about 3 hours ago, and want to know if its safe to take my 150MG of Zoloft and 100MG of Trazodone before bed.
Vicodin comes in a split strength, like 5/1000 or 10/500. I need to know strength. The zoloft and Trazadone are fine with it, but depending on formulation of vicodin, you could have damaged liver. I need both numbers. It will say on bottle.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
5/500... I take 3 or 4 pills at once to get tota, temporary relief.
Yes, you should be fine with other meds. Just be careful with the second number on the Vicodin. The first is the oxycodone, the second is Tylenol. Anything over around 3500 mg. of Tylenol can be dangerous to your liver and actually toxic if you take too much. They make same combination, like Norco 10/325 which is much safer for your liver and double the oxycodone. I understand, the oxy is only active 4-5 hours but the caution is really for Tylenol toxicity. Why they combine them is beyond me. (actually, it is to prevent abuse of oxy, at risk of liver toxicity for people that aren't getting enough pain relief).