Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

about sex maniac related questions..can you refer me to

about "sex maniac" related questions..can you refer me to trusted sites to received information on "sex maniac" related information...not xxx sites but more on the causes and treatment...
my problem is that I've know this guy for 20 years (half-cousin by mariage) with who I'm falling in love with. We've just admitted being attracted to each other for the last 20 years!! We had on line sex for the last month...(he's in Quebec, I'm in Ontario)...but the biggest problem is that he admitted being a sex maniac (rough, calling bad names sex, sex slave/master and even urinating on a woman) and the worst part is that I'm actually enjoying this...so I urgently need help with all this...before I get in to deep!!...
Now...on an average, I'm a pretty healthy person in every way...but why am I attracted to this type of sex activities...???

I can understand your pain and sorrow, but I need a question so that I can attempt to help.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Why people like Patrick and I attracted to agressive sex?...I realize you and I cant answer for Patrick..but in..general..why people like us..whish he is also a professional and a solid good person just like I am, attracted to this type of sex activities..?

Is there any web site and/or I need direction on where to go to received addtional information on sex maniac (I'm not even sure if this is the proper name for agressive sex) activities?

P.S. when I was approx.7-8years old, one of my female cousin did abuse me in a very explicit way..quite sexual way when she was babysitting...but the funny thing is, it never really bottered me. Meaning I never was traumatized by it...I consider myself to be quite open minded with sex...but not in a "slutty" way...I guess because I was exposed to it so young..but it never affected me..per say...

I guess the right question would be

There is a wide range of what is normal ranging from handcuffs, etc on one side (or more extreme) to just petting. There is no right or wrong, I and most others set the limit that the person is not physically hurt. I am sorry that I cannot provide you with reference because most of the literature speaks to aggressive sex that is pathological and that is not what we are discussing here. If you want to explore it with a therapist I would recommend the America Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists at http://www.aasect.org/ .

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

I have sent a message to JA tadministration to determine if I can answer Follow ups without a fee-it is their decision and I will let you know what they say-Thank you for the positive feedback

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Thank you for using our service. You can post new questions in the future and request me for them by typing "For Ralph LMHC" at the beginning of your question.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC