Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

This question is for Dr. Keane My Name Is Ketan and I am getting

This question is for Dr. Keane
My Name Is XXXXX XXXXX I am getting married soon.My fiancee is suffering from a problem that I cant understand..she is abused by males in her childhood and that thing is not going off from her mind and so eventhough she is with male she hates male..she is ready for marriage only because her mum and dad gets happy..so I dont know now what to do?...is it i need to take her to the doctor or a physchiatrist?..i want her to be normal with male and as a husband i will be expectiing sexual relationship with her as well..and i dont want to leave her because i love her...please help me.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 4 years ago.

Hello.

On 4/14/10, Dr Keane said she would be off for the rest of the month.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this is urgent can some expert answer my question please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear XXXXX if you need anymore information please let me know but do reply asap.thank you very much.

Sadly to say given her previous experience and her continuing feelings, the chances of a happy marriage with a satisfying normal sex life are remote. That being said there is always the possibility for change, but she will in my opinion require professional help to change her attitude. I would suggest that she see a psychologist or counselor for treatment and give her personality pattern a chance to change. But even with that the prognosis for a change in attitude and a subsequent change in feelings towards men is remote. If you did not love her I would suggest you move on, but since you do, I would ask her to go for at least 6 months of therapy. If there was no positive change, i would then regretfully give up.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the advice ralph..Just one more thing..she was so upset when she spoke to me 3 hours before and now she called me and suddenly a drastic change..she was absolutely normal and she didnt even spoke anything about what she discussed with me about her past before few hours...so I dont know how to react with this type of situation and whether i should take it positively or negatively......please reply me if you can and still i need to take her for the professional person then can you suggest some in the UK.. like how should i select a good professional person in this field..who can be the right person for her..please do reply and thanks very much for you advice..

Hello.

Her changeability is not necessarily a good sign-only time will tell. I would maintain the plan of at least 6 months of professional help before i made a decision. I am not familiar with the system in the UK, but here in the states the best doctors are available at the the teaching hospitals (those associated with medical schools). Best wishes and good luck and take things slowly.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience: 20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs