Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I need some help, I have been accused of being a sexual deviant

Customer Question

I need some help, I have been accused of being a sexual deviant over and over, including pedophilia, over a span of 46 years and I keep refusing that I have no such thoughts to my recollection or any incidents. It is getting to a critical time in my marriage and I would like to see somebody that is qualified in this area to see if I have been lying to myself, since I have no recollection of any incidents in my life. I am willing to take this a step further because my wife has me doubting myself by now and I need to get a prognosis of my mental awareness or unawareness of having such a problem. It is very depressing to me and I don't know how to handle this anymore and I do want to save my marriage at all cost. Is there somebody that specializes in this area of expertise that can be recommended to me in the Bethesda are of Md. I carry Medicare and medi-gap insurance.   

Karl Kessler

PS: My contact information: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 4 years ago.

You sound rather together to me, reacting to you wife's bizarre symptoms. I would suggest a thorough psychiatric work up. In this way you can validate your own normalcy.and that should be the end of it. It you attempt to defend or refute all her delusional behavior you will drive yourself to an emotional breakdown. So to recap-get evaluated and verify that you are not a pedophile-that this is your wife and daughter's illnesses Then as best as possible. drop it. Best wishes and good luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where should I go to get that type of an evaluation, that you suggest in my area of Bethesda, Md.?

I would see forensic psychiatrist. The local mental health society can make such a referral. Johns Hopkins is in Maryland I believ and it is one of the 2 or 3 best hospitals in tye US

Sincerely,

Ralph

LMHC

Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience: 20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

I sent you a suggestion-Johns Hopkin-so you may wish to change your comment of you wish. Did you get the recommendation?

Ralph LMHC

Edited by Ralph LMHC on 4/19/2010 at 7:44 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You suggest John Hopkins. Do I just call them and ask for what??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am looking for your original answer, but somehow must have deleted it, please resend.

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank-you for your help I will look for a forensic psychiatrist in this area.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will call the local mental health society of Montgomery County Md to see if they can find me a forensic psychiatrist. Can you tell me what is a forensic psychiatrist does, my understandin of forensics is collecting of evidence, is that correct.

A forensic psychiatrist is a psychiatrist who specializes in giving an opinion (again opinion) as to to a persons capablity with relation to behavior. It may or may not be in court. He/she is not an investigator, but bases the opinion on the mental staus exam that he/she has conducted. I hope that has clarified your question.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you once again for the clarification, I think that will be a good start for me, to let me know that I'm not somehow doing things that I am not even aware of. I have been so bombarded with this issue and different made up accusations that I have begun doubting myself, because my wife makes it sound so convincing of what she has seen in the past, that I draw a total blank on, given her the feeling that I am just being dishonest with her all the time and just dont want to admit my sex addiction. After my daughter came into the picture just recently also, I knew I had get a second opinion for me to stay sane. My wife feels the psychiatrist she used during her break down and then later we as a couple and yet later only myself to deal with this, is totally overcome with my not being honest with him and that I sort of have him in my back pocket, convincing him that there is nothing wrong with me. Thank you again for your help in directing me towards the correct specialty in psychiatry, in trying to help me deal with this situation, which of late is becomming intolorable.

Sorry I am clear what additional information did you want. The hospitals that you can probably find forensic psychiatrists are Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, University Hospital and St. Elizabeth. Any missing information should be at the top of this post. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Best wishes and good luck and remember an accusation is just that an accusation not a factual statement of guilt.
Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Ralph LMHC:

No I think you have been very helpful and I will contact one of the hospitals here to proceed with my dilemma.

Thanks,

Karl Kessler

If you wish you can contact JA admin to change the neutral rating as I believe the work was positive and hope you do. Best wishes. Also do no forget the County mental health or psychiatric associations or the American Psychiatric Association as well as the University Hospitals for a reference. Again best wishes.

Ralph LMHC