Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I dont know what to do! Ive discovered my boyfriend of two

I don't know what to do! I've discovered my boyfriend of two years just joined a sex contact site and a string of other dating sites and cybersex sites - all within a space of a few days and he has had to pay for them. This has all happened just at a point when we were talking about moving in together. He claims he has never had sex with anyone but just fidning out he has done this frightens me. I know his marriage ended for this very reason a number of years ago. I have also discovered he has many e-mail addresses. Another worry is I've noticed he gets frustrated with me when I talk about friends and people I know who are having a difficult time, he doesn't want to know and says it means nothing to him! I have fallen in love with him and when it is just the two of us, we have wonderful times together. He suffers from mood swings, depression and has been complaining of headaches and tingling sensations in his head since I met him. I'm starting to get anxious too now!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

You have listed numerous details why you should end this relationship. It really sounds more like a series of deceptions rather than a relation. It sounds like you are in love with an image, because the reality is not very lovable. The sooner you end this the less hurt you will go through. I really think you know what to do. Now it is a question of doing it. Best wishes and good look and move on. I am sorry, but that is the reality.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.