Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

My husband, who I consider a pathological, and a compulsive

My husband, who I consider a pathological, and a compulsive liar has fooled the judicial system, polygraph test, to get a job; if I tell anyone, I am at risk of being harmed, and NO the judicial system cannot be trusted for help when needed. I am carrying a guilt by knowing this....and I have Grandma health ins. is a necessity & they do provide the option, at affordable cost. "THIS IS ALL TOTALLY CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION FROM ME TO YOU." ; for your opinion, and thought to me. Should I just go on, and not be guilty of his actions, or answers? He was diagnosed as sketsphrenic...
(spelling??) in 1983of 84, by Dr. Eugene Bonham. Please advise me of your opinion, Health Insurance is a necessity for me. The system claims to do extensive background checks, before hiring anyone--and he got hired; again this information is CONFIDENTIAL".
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

First I appreciate the need for confidentiality!! as well as the difficult situation that you are in terms of the necessities. If I were you, I would do what is in your own best interests. In this case it would seem to be to dissociate yourself from his actions. Your choices are limited and it is both highly moral and practical to protect your interests. So again, do not be a hero, your first obligation is to yourself and that would appear to be to not do anything. I am strongly convinced that there is NOTHING to feel guilty about. Again remember self preservation is the highest calling. If there is anything further, that I can answer please let me know. I am sorry that you are stuck in this terrible situation, but again there are times when you cannot do anything but protect yourself and this sounds like one of them. Best wishes and good luck.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.