Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I just started on Pristiq 50 mg about two weeks ago. My doctor

Customer Question

I just started on Pristiq 50 mg about two weeks ago. My doctor told me I could increase my dose to 100mg after a couple of weeks and I thought she said that meant just taking two of the 50mg tablets. Is that right? I can call her on Monday, but wanted to up my dose tomorrow if I got my information correct. Basically, my question is HOW to up my dose to 100mg. Can I just take two of the 50mg or do I need a different RX for the 100mg tablets. Thanks.
Submitted: 4 years ago via Patientsville.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 4 years ago.

You can take the 2 50's, but you may have insurance reimbursement problems when yu refill as you will be finishing early. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Edited by Ralph LMHC on 4/10/2010 at 8:55 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. XXXXX take them at the same time? I'm now taking the one 50mg tablet in the morning so do I just take two instead of one?

That is really a decision that your doctor has to make. It is time release which means it is generally taken once, but you are just starting so the doctor may want you to take it twice. Normal dosing is 50 per day. I would assume he means a total of 100 total. Waiting an extra day will not really mean anything in terms of gaining benefits-so I would wait til monday when you can speak to him or her. It is intended for once a day dosing.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience: 20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

I am not prepared to to give you advice that contravenes your doctor's plan. As I said Prestiq is a once a day pill. 50mg is the normal dose and I still believe that it will make no difference and the safest thing is to follw your doctors plan. I can and did give you general information, but not directions. I am sorry you are disappointed and if you wish I will ask JA to return your fee.

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will wait and talk to my doctor. That would be great if you could return my fee. Thanks.

I will contact JA and advise them to do so.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

I contacted JA admin and asked them to return fee. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Sent another request to JA admin. It is now in their hands. Nest wishes.

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

I hope I have helped. Best wishes

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC