Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I have an issue when it comes to falling in love i have to

I have an issue when it comes to falling in love i have to guys that im currently involved with and have been committed to each one of them individually one drives me insane with jealousy and i have never been a jealous person the other one im comfortable with hes in a place where hes ready to settle down, much older then the other one. when im with one i want the other and vice versa but im so much more drawn to the younger one that makes me jealous, but i hate the way i get jealous with him... i dont know what to do
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

You're going to get into some trouble if you don't figure out what drives you to be in these relationships that only fulfill parts of your needs. The story you tell usually has intimacy problems at it's base, so I would start there. The jealousy is usually about intimacy and control/lack of control.

I recommend that you read the articles I've linked for you above, and seriously consider some counseling so that you can sort this out and make the best possible choice for yourself. Committed relationships last a long time, and being drawn to drama is something that can really hurt your efforts in them.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.