Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

what is the best way to get psychologiical help when you are

what is the best way to get psychologiical help when you are depressed,anxious and have adrenal inssufficiency? I am so scared.<br /><br /><br />I keep finding clinical licensed therapists who never get to the points of my main concern.  Shouldn't a therapist have great knowledge on adrenal insufficiency and Addison's Disease?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for visiting JA.

You would not really expect a licensed therapist to have an in-depth knowledge of endocrine problems - that is more of a medical issue.

I therefore suggest that you see a psychiatrist - that is, someone with a primary medical training followed by specialist training in mental health.

Secondly, even if you do have Addison's disease, it can be well controlled by hormone therapy, and the anesthesia side of your cataract operation can be quite easily dealt with as well. No need to be so worried!

There is lots of info here for you:

Best wishes,