Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

Ive never spoken to anyone about my concern/problem.....but

I've never spoken to anyone about my concern/problem.....but I have an annoying habbit of blinking too many times, and for too long periods, especially when outdoors.
I seem unable to contorl this.
Any suggestions?
A concerned "youngish" grandma

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, the blinking that you have which you believe is more frequent than the usual can be a Tic / Tic disorder which is characterized by sudden, rapid, nonrhythmic, stereotyped, involuntary movements , which include blinking frequently ..

see the link below for better understanding of Tic / tic disorder..

So, as to confirm this you shall get yourself examined by your physician and discuss the possibility of having tic with him . Once tic is confirmed in your case , then you shall discuss with ask doctor to start you on Catapres ( clonidine ) or Tenex ( guanfacine) , these two are anti hypertensives which work in controlling tics such as your frequent blinking , but your physician needs to determine and fix the dose of the chosen drug , out of the two mentioned here , and i am quite sure that after starting on any one of these two drugs your frequent blinking which is causing you much trouble will subside..

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best...

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.