Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

My son (22) took some kind of pill while he was out of town

My son (22) took some kind of pill while he was out of town with his friends. He was in 3 mental hosp. last year and we do not want to put him in again. Is there a way we can detox him here at home. I have some some Seroquel XR they gave him in Dec. the last time he was in. He will not hurt himself or us his mind and thoughts are confused still.He took the pill (blue Micky he thought) last Friday. He has been home since Tuesday.

Seroquel XR is an antipsychotic drug and I don't think it may be useful for any type of detoxification?

Your son took this drug last Friday (he is not sure, what he took?) and if his mind and thoughts are still confused in my view he should be seen by a psychiatrist. He may be treated on outpatient basis also depending on the clinical examination and mental status evaluation.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.