Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Im 18 years old and I guess you could say I have been through

Customer Question

I'm 18 years old and I guess you could say I have been through a lot. I consider myself intelligent, some what so that it frustrates me as I am constantly thinking and inventing in my mind. My parents are both divorced and have their new families. I think of myself as the black sheep of my family. I never really had a good relationship with my dad, although I never really tried. My relationship with my mother was not a normal relationship and I sore her as my friend rather then my mum, I felt as though I ran the house hold and was in fact being the mother of the house. I left home at 16 and moved into a caravan park with my boyfriend of the time. We were together for 2 and half years before I broke up because I was going through a substantial amount of physical and mental abuse. I then fled to NSW and lived with my mum and jumped into a relationship with a 35 year old man who had a sex obsession. Yet again I found myself trapped. I just recently left him and I am struggling.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for visiting JA.
I see what has happened to you, but what exactly is your question? How can we help you?