Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

iam a 50 yr old male,about ten yrs ago i was downsized out

Customer Question

i'am a 50 yr old male,about ten yrs ago i was downsized out of my job for about the third time in ten yrs I decided to start my own business. I went from white collar to a blue collar lower class environnment. I had built up a good real estate portfolio however after a short while the business started to fail and I started taking mortgages on my properties,well geting to the point I started having anxiety attacks and when signing mortgage documents my hands started shaking so bad I couldn't sign anymore. this condition got progressively worse and today I struggle with any type of hand writing,and forget about public speaking, even with my relatives very rigid and tense.about 5 yrs ago went to the doctors got brain scan MRI "nothing unusual" they sent me to a psychiatrist he determined anxiety problems and I was an ADHD child ,tryed me on several different medications ex: zoloft, xanax seemed to have an opposite affect on me. I stopped going I'm In bankruptcy and getting worse what now
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

You are in a rough spot You are lookin for medication to treat what problem

Sincerely,Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i'm looking for something to quell the anxiety but more importantly i need my hands back my manual dexterity is awful especially in front of people and ofcourse i cant write well anymore It feels like the pen is going to scribble all over the page. I can go from completely calm to a shakey mess within seconds. I dont necessarily think there's a silver bullet but is there something ? what about ritalin ?