Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

My mother (Im 35 years old) is coming into town for a visit

My mother (I'm 35 years old) is coming into town for a visit for two weeks. The problem I have is that she does not stop talking. I know that she ends up pushing people away because of her behaviour and I know it is excessive because people will comment on it after she walks away (e.g., "Is she always like this?"). I'm looking for new ideas about what to do about this so that I don't dread her visits and can enjoy our relationship more. I'm a psychologist, but this family matter has always been beyond thought I'd try this out.
Well as you know you can't make people change. It sounds like you have done some pretty solid things with no results. So now I have to revert back to saying that you either need to accept it or tell her not to come around unless she can be quiet. I might just try walking away when you get tired of it and the more you do it maybe she will get the point. Or just keep pointing out to her maybe in a joking manner such as "boy you are long winded or take a breath please." Joking about it might help you feel better about the situation. But my guess is that since she has been like this her whole life she is liable not to change.