Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Does my son have ADD Since beginning school he has been very

Does my son have ADD? Since beginning school he has been very forgetful, often losing items of clothing, lunch boxes, shoes etc. Often seems to be in a world of his own and cannot concentrate for long periods of time. Since becoming a teenager he always seems to choose the wrong friends to hang around with and consequently gets in trouble and at school he has been excluded 17 times in the last 3 years and has now been permanently excluded. He went through a stage of truanting at school and in general forgetting to take things to school that he needed. He is not a violant child and is very caring but he doesnt seem to think things through or think of consequences and is very impulsive.
HiCustomer

Welcome to Just Answers.

It certainly sounds like he's got plenty of the symptoms of ADD, and I would have him seen by a physician for diagnosis. You can make an appt to see his pediatrician for an evaluation, and they can let you know for sure as well as provide treatment.

test

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna