Wendy M
Wendy M, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Over 16 years in chemical dependency and the mental health field.
28742334

I have recurring chronic anxiety for over 10 years. I do not

I have recurring chronic anxiety for over 10 years. I do not have a regular physician or insurance as of late. The only drug that zaps a chronic episode is xanax or the generic. I've contemplated buying online, but I don't trust purchasing products from overseas. Plus, the costs are very high. Do you have a suggestions for obtaining a prescription in my situation?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Wendy M replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I've seen the "Buy with no prescription" websites out there. You pay 100 to 150 dollars and you speak to them over the phone and they will give you a script for what you need, probably about 10 times more, than what you would pay at a regular pharmacy. Plus, it is pretty unethical for a US doctor to provide a script for a controlled substance, without actually seeing the patient.

But, I do understand your predicament. There are usually some low cost or sliding fee scale medical centers within every state. If you can find the one in your state, the best way to do this, would be to have an actual doctor prescribe you the medication.

Plus, it would also give you a PCP, if you asked to go in for a physical, which you really should have. But, this is the only way to go about it, that would be ethical and be more cost effective for you. I do not know what State you live in, but if you Google, "Community Health Centers", you may be able to find one that has a sliding fee scale or one that you may be able to get into for free.

I hope this helps.

Take care,
Wendy
Wendy M, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Over 16 years in chemical dependency and the mental health field.