Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
25396616

I WAS PRESCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR TIVANYL ANTIDEPRESSIVE, I AM

I WAS PRESCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR TIVANYL MILNACIPRAN, ANTIDEPRESSIVE, I AM QUITTING SERTREX NOW BECAUSE OF THE WEIGH GAIN, I GAINED 14 KILOS. I ALMOST DID NOT EAT, I WAS VERY CONCERNED, DR.WILFONG MENTIONED THAT I COULD TAKE WILLBUTRIN CYMBALTA AND SOME OTHER ONE, BUT I TRIED THOSE AND MY BODY COULD NOT TAKE THEM, SO I HAD TO SWITCH TO OTHER ONES, MY QUESTION IS WILL TIVANYL MAKE ME GAIN WEIGHT ALSO, BECAUSE I HAVE TRIED ALMOST ALL IN THE MARKET AND I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT WITH ALL OF THEM, THE ONLY WAY I WAS ABLE TO LOOSE IT WAS NOT TAKING IT, BUT THEN I WOULD FEEL SICK BECAUSE I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I WAS THINKING ABOUT RHODOLIA ROSEA, BUT HE SAYS IT MIGHT NOT BE EFFECTIVE, WHAT CAN NI DO? I GOT A MESSAGE SAYING THAT MY QUESTION WAS SENT TO A VETERINARIAN, I DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT,
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 4 years ago.
I answered your question from other post.
Dr. Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience: Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, i have not read any anser and i put accept answer thinking that i was going to read something and all it did was charged me for it. please let me know what to do. rosa
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have not received an anwer and by mistake i pushed the accept button, but i thought it was to accept my answer, so they charged me again without me reading anything, please help me,
You post the question twice. I gave answer on other post. You may contact customer service if you accepted by accident.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI, I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE IS MY ANSWER, WILL YOU EXPLAIN ME PLEASE? I ACTUALLY ASKED YOU AGAIN ABOUT TIVANYL AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE ANSWER IS, THANKS.

HOW LONG WILL MY WIDTHDRAWL SYMTOMS FROM SERTRALINE TAKE? I

Sent to Mental Health Experts 3/31/2010 at 1:21 PM -- Report --Mis-CategorizedRefund RequestedSpam"Best Of" JAClose QuestionOpen QuestionToo DifficultDuplicate QuestionUnderpricedNonsensePersonal InfoUnderaged CustomerOther

HOW LONG WILL MY WIDTHDRAWL SYMTOMS FROM SERTRALINE TAKE? I WENT FROM 150 MGS. TO 25 NOW, I WANT TO SWITCH TO A NATURAL CALLED RHODOLIA ROSEA WHICH WILL HELP WITH MY FIBROMYLAGIA, I GAINED 30 POUNDS, AND I ALMOST ATE NOTHING, HOW LONG WILL THIS WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS TAKE AND DO YOU THINK IT IS O.K. TO TAKE THE NATURAL ONE?

i received a notification saying that my question was sent to a veterinarian, why?

Optional Information:
Gender: Female
Age: 57

Already Tried:
NOTHING, I JUST LOWERED THE SERTRALILNE FROM 150MGS. TO 25MGS. NOW, I STARTED TO GET BAD SYMPOMS, WHEN WILL THEY DISSAPEAR AND IF IT IS O.K TO XXXXX ROSEA WHICH IS GOOD FOR MY FIBROMYLAGIA, I AM HELPING MYSELF NOW WITH ATIVAN , WHICH I HAVE TAKEN FOR YEARS.

(Offline) -- 2 Accepts / 3 Answered Questions (1 Open) Bookmark and  Share var addthis_brand = "JustAnswer";var addthis_header_color = "#ffffff"; var addthis_header_background = "#1b92AB"; Time Left: 3 hours and 54 minutes Status: Awaiting Customer Action Value: $9.05 Source: Web Answer Submit this Q&A as an Expert Test Question 3/31/2010 at 1:56 PM (35 minutes and 15 seconds later) The proper taper would be 150 to 75 for a week then quit. Sometimes prolonging discontinuation makes it worse not better. The herbs should be fine.

If unclear with response, please ASK. This does not replace professional consultation. If I have helped PRESS ACCEPT, so I get paid! Please leave FEEDBACK. Bonus appreciated. Customer's Choice Award PictureDr. Ed Wilfong (Online) What's This? Mental Health
Expert's Psychology License with The CALIFORNIA BOARD OF PSYCHOLOGY was verified on or about 10/27/2009 by a leading third-party verification service. As of the verification date, the expiration date on file with the licensing authority was 5/31/2010.
Click here to view the Terms of Service section on verifications. 99% Positive Feedback
794 Mental Health Accepts
Psychologist Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing. Reply 3/31/2010 at 2:18 PM (22 minutes and 35 seconds later)

have you heard aout this this herb rhodiola rosea? because i have fibromylagia and of what i read it is supposed to help with the seratonine and something else in your brain, now, quitting sertraline, how long will my weight start going down, i am so worried about becoming a diabetic or somethings else, my cholesterol is high now and my triglycidis, and i almost became a anorexic from not eating because i gained so much weight, and that i did not like either,

if i don't take anything for a week and then start the herb, will that be o.k.? since i want to get it out of my system completely before i take anything else. also how long with this widthddrawl symtoms take to go? i am feeling very bad, thanks.

Is saint john worth's natural antidepressive almost like the rhodiola rosea, does will not make me gain weigh? thank you. rosa.

(Offline) -- 2 Accepts / 3 Answered Questions (1 Open)
Click here to view the Terms of Service section on verifications. Answer Submit this Q&A as an Expert Test Question 3/31/2010 at 4:20 PM (2 hours and 2 minutes later) If you are truly at 25 mg. you are getting no benefit from the sertraline, only the side effects. Side effects usually occur during first couple weeks and last couple weeks. This is because (most likely) you are nor at therapeutic level. Now at 25 mg. the only thing medicine is doing is giving side effects.

I don't expect St. Johns Wort or the rhodiola rosea to be particularily effective. I have seen accupuncture and Chinese Medicine (from Chinese trained doctors) help considerably, but you have to find a good one. Waiting a week is fine. Not waiting is also fine. There is an incredably fine line between "natural" and prescription. Most medicine come from plants and mineral, just refine to hopefully a better formulation. Ativan is actually made from a relatively rare tree bark. A few years ago, one company bought the rights to all the tree bark and prices went up by 10X until they fought it all out it court.

If weight gain is you concern on the medication, Prozac is good and Cymbalta has some evidence of lessor weight gain. Also Wellbutin can be added to help with energy and weight gain. (Wellbutrin is especially good at helping avoid weight gain and Prozac and Cymbalta have very little)

The side effects from quitting your current medicine should last a week at most. I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted only a couple days. I have seen a lot of people have worse effects from tapering slowly than doing it in a week or two.

794 Mental Health Accepts
Psychologist Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing. Reply 3/31/2010 at 7:47 PM (3 hours and 26 minutes and 15 seconds later) I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF TIVANYL, , MILNACIPRAN ANTIDEPRESSIVE WILL ALSO MAKE ME GAIN WEIGHT, I TRIED TO FIND INFOMATION ON IT, BUT VERY LITTLE, ALMOST NOTHING IN THE INTERNET, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I COULD ASK YOU A LITTLE MORE AND THEY SHOWED ME A PAGE TO ASK, AND I ASKED AGAIN SO MAYBE I WILL BE CHARGED TWO TIMES, WHAT CAN I DO. THANKS, XXXXX XXXXX ME 40 MORE PESOS FOR THIS ANSWER WHICH IT IS O.K. AND I NEED TO KNOW WHEN DO I ACCEPT YOURS. (Offline) -- 2 Accepts / 3 Answered Questions (1 Open)
Click here to view the Terms of Service section on verifications. Reply 3/31/2010 at 7:49 PM (2 minutes and 21 seconds later)

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF TIVANYL, , MILNACIPRAN ANTIDEPRESSIVE WILL ALSO MAKE ME GAIN WEIGHT, I TRIED TO FIND INFOMATION ON IT, BUT VERY LITTLE, ALMOST NOTHING IN THE INTERNET, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I COULD ASK YOU A LITTLE MORE AND THEY SHOWED ME A PAGE TO ASK, AND I ASKED AGAIN SO MAYBE I WILL BE CHARGED TWO TIMES, WHAT CAN I DO. THANKS, THEY CHARGED ME 40 MORE PESOS FOR THIS ANSWER WHICH IT IS O.K. AND I NEED TO KNOW WHEN DO I ACCEPT YOURS.

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT I TRIED ALL THOSE ANTIDEPRESSIVES THAT YOU TOLD ME BUT MY BODY COULD NOT TAKE THEM, I HAVE TRIED IN THE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS ALMOST ALL IN THE MARKET , THANK YOU

Click here to view the Terms of Service section on verifications. Answer Submit this Q&A as an Expert Test Question 3/31/2010 at 9:18 PM (1 hour and 29 minutes and 2 seconds later) First, they can not charge anything unless you press accept the answer. They may put it in an escrow account that will be returned to you upon request.I get $4.00 for all this and you only gave may partial info. You can ask follow up to original question, but adding questions is hardly fair to pay. Beyond that, Milnaciprin is very new and there is not much info. It is an SNRI, very similar to Cymbalta. As such, it should not influence weight. It is for Depression and Fibromyalgia. I can't even tell if it is on market yet in US as approval is very recent.Tivanyl, I have no clue. It is a name unique to Mexico and all my references are in Spanish, which I don't read. If I have earned my 4 dollars, please press accept.

Dr. Wilfong

If unclear with response, please ASK. This does not replace professional consultation. If I have helped PRESS ACCEPT, so I get paid! Please leave FEEDBACK. Bonus appreciated. Customer's Choice Award

in 3/10 9:18pm answer
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Pasted from other question for you. My last answer to the other question you posted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thsnks, i already pressed the accept answer, actually my last quesition came from the first one, it was all about anitdepressants, maybe i did not make myself clear, let me know if you got your money because i am confused with all the emails i received and thank you very much for your answers, they were helpfull. rosa

Yes, I think I got paid. We're good. Unfortunately, I do not control the billing emails - JA does. AS far as I am , we are even . I hope I was able to help. I also have never seen "your side" of the screen so I don't know how to be a client and they change things often and we find out the hard way. Sorry for my contribution to our misunderstanding. I hope you got enough information. It was hard to find.

In the future, just ask question once, then if you have follow-up, don't create a new question, use whatever button allows you to ask one. Then there will not be (so much) confusion.

If you want me to help you, just put ATTN: Dr. Ed as first words in question.