Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

i havent had a girlfriend for a long time & ive now met someone

i havent had a girlfriend for a long time & ive now met someone and when it finally comes to having sex i keep losing my erection.
I know it must be something in my head thats stopping me from fully enjoying myself as i sport an erection before we try to have sex but i honestly dont know what to do to solve it. Ive been seeing her for 4 weeks and have tried on a couple occasions. Im 29 and i freely admit i have had few previous partners down to past issues with my self image.

What do i need to do to resolve this. I suspect i need to talk to my (very understanding) girlfirend but i find it difficult to talk about it
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Very straight forward, I would see my GP for an errectile drug like viagra or cialis,

Sincerely,

Customer/p>

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Would this ultimately solve the issue?

Also if i rely on a drug to maintain an erection is that not solving the possible initial problem? Also is there a risk that my body may get used to this an id have to possibly up the dosage?

There is no risk of dependency. However a successful sexual encounter may solve the performance anxiety issue. In addition Millions of men have taken such medications. There is no problem with increased dosage.

Sincerely,

Customer/p>

I think I ave answered the question Was it posted before?