Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

can a bipolar person hide their mental symptoms to where a

can a bipolar person hide their mental symptoms to where a doctor can't see them. my wife has gpa. of 3.6 in college , she has been taking class in mental health ,also in her teens was treated for bipolar disorder , and was in DHS service and in froster care, we are going thew a divorce and i am wondering is if the disorder has play a role in our marrage. and what to do when there are children involved, how to ask the judge for help for her , when she has made up letters over some time of me beating her . which are not true. i need some help in getting the right way to help us . not a divorce this is not the answers. for i do love her and do want to try to keep marrage together. but its the letters that has me worryied
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 4 years ago.

Depending upon the the length of time and assume the stress level is low, I have often seen patients "keep it together" so that present appearing that they do not have any emotional problems..A long interview- in other words a thorough psychiatric interview will usually not be able to hide the illness. It is very important that you describe the symptoms that you have observed and what set them off. If there are others that are aware of the illness see if you can get them to either testify or write an affidavit speaking to the symptoms of the illness. If she is on any meds get a court order to indicating what meds she is taking, similarly with any medical treatment including the interactions with the gp.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience: 20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs