Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

my son has been on clozapine for several years and is working

my son has been on clozapine for several years and is working and living a normal life. The last two weeks I have found lots of cans of rexona in his rubbish.He tells me hes not using them but the signs are on his clothes and irritability.Iknow they are also lowering his medication slowly.His girlfriend also went back to her country.Should I try to contact his doctor ?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

Are you referring to Rexona the deodorant?

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, yes the deodorant

If you are fearful that he is using it as an inhalant to get intoxicated, I would definely notify his psychiatrists as inhalants use can result in fatlality.Preservervation of life is the highest of allrequirements..

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes Im sure that is what he is doing. I have a number of his doctor but of course there is a privacy issue as well. They dont divulge any information to me,he is 27 years old. I shall ring tomorrow,thankyou very much

The privacy issue prevents the psychiatrist fro revealing information to you but not fro you sharing with him and as I said the preserveration of life is the most important thin

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.