Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

after many years of being on prozac 60 mg a day I stopped taking

after many years of being on prozac 60 mg a day I stopped taking it. to try to find a replacement drug my doctor and i have gone thru a rainbow of different drugs some help a bit with my mood. but my add is becomming more apparent in my life a failed marrage and 3 failed relationships , the loss of my 3 loved children who's father forbids them to speak with me. I have had so many jobs the last ten years that i lossed interest in or let go. and my financial situation sucks. aren't these direct add sysimtems Yes I do get depressed aswell but i want a med that will work right now im taking lamical 50 ml and i have red itchie skin.. what would you recemend
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

I would recommend the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. In CBT, one is taught new ways of thinking and behaving and as a result, one's mood improves. anxiety and panic attacks decrease. In addition CBT is evidenced based as the most effective form of treating anxiety. See:

Medicine does not work well for reactive depression. The last resort if medication, and therapy do not work is to consider Electro Convulsive Therapy. It is not what is portrayed in the media. An anesthetist puts the patient to sleep, A muscle relaxant is given so the seizure is so mild that it is almost unnoticeable-like a finger twitch. The major side effect is short term memory loss which returns is 2-3 weeks. Again this is a last resort. Best wishes and good luck.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i would like you to give me names of alternative medications.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you think aderall xr or that new drug {it starts with a v} help

Sorry, Software error lost the info I sent you:

Other meds are Celexa, Zoloft, Abilify as an add on. The tricyclic Trazadone, The older and some what dangerious when taken with the wrong food is the MAOI-Nardil. Also if lamictal is causing side effects, you might inquire about neurotin. Adderal is a stimulant used with ADHD, but sometimes helps with depression. Best wishes and good luck and sorry about the delay. I hope that has answered your question.

Ralph LMHC