Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

what can I do if i cant control my suicidal thoughts and feelings

what can I do if i can't control my suicidal thoughts and feelings of depression?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

Hi secretly,

There is nothing to be ashamed of, although I understand your concern. We now know that depression and the suicidal feelings it causes are a chemical imbalance that can be quickly treated with medication. Talking to your doctor can start you on a path of never having to deal with this again. It isn't your fault you have depression...it's partly genetic and then just the luck of the draw - it isn't personal, it's medical. Here is a link for more information.
Depression

Make an appt with any doctor...if not yours, then go to a walk in clinic and get some help. You don't need to suffer with this alone - it isn't your fault you have it.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what makes it so embarassing is that I am a mental health counselor...i have worked in this field for quite awhile and have seen this type of behavior in my clients...i am sooo unhappy with my job, I feel like that I am ostracized here...my personal life and finances suck..i just dont know what to do
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

I hear ya, secretly, but you've got to slip off somewhere and be seen by a doctor. Being in MH, you know it isn't reflective of who you are. You don't have to talk about anything other than your symptoms..most docs don't want to hear all that anyway.....just the facts.

Imagine all those people you've helped over the years encouraging you to find the same peace you helped them find. Everything sucks when you're depressed, but you can't find a way out. At least with meds you can solve the problems that have piled up.

Take a deep breath and do it - almost all of us have been in your shoes at one time or another. It's never easy, but it's doable.

Anna

Edited by Anna on 3/2/2010 at 7:59 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for your insight....anyone else i have talked to quickly dismisses my feelings as "complaining"...and i cant talk to my family about it...