Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW

Hello my names Andy Juniper and Im intrested in making a carrear

Customer Question

Hello my name'sXXXXX and Im intrested in making a carrear for myself in mental health, primarly in psychiatry. i would like to know the best way to approach the matter. Your imput is greatly apprieciated. Thanks.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 6 years ago.

Good for you! There are lots of different areas you can be in with mental health. If you would like to be a psychiatrist you will need to attend medical school. Here is some great information on it

You can also presue areas such as being a social worker or mental health therapist which will require a little less school but you will not be able to prescribe medications. If you become licensed in both of those areas which will requrie a masters degree then in most states you can open up your own private practice.

Let me know if I can help anymore or answer anymore questions!