How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ed Wilfong Your Own Question
Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Ed Wilfong is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Best Dr. or team Dr. for Bi Polar in NY NJ a

Resolved Question:

How do I find best Dr. or team Dr. for Bi Polar in NY NJ area.

I need to help someone with Bi polar - he took Abillify and feel symthoms related to Parkinson. We wish to find the best

Psychiartic who specialized in Bi Polar with a good background in neurology/ chemistry / medication, a good family Dr. and a good neurologic or a combination that you recommend.

We need the Dr. In NJ near Englewood, Fort Lee or in NYC.

Will eb best if they accept Medicare.( the person is a student not old person)
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
Call Columbia University, School of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry and ask for referral.
"Best professional" and "medicare" are not often used in same sentence, sadly enough.
I have had excellent luck sending people to best Med schools as they keep Alumni lists and Columbia has excellent Psychiatry Dept.
Dr. Ed Wilfong and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Dr. Ed Wilfong,

Thank you for your answer. I woul dappreciate more info.

Can you tell me which professional team will be the best to confirm best care or you beleive a good psychiatric MD will be enough. I see a lot of side effects for my friend and am sure that a good family MD is also needed - can you help by explaining teh best team that I need.
I agree with you regarding medicare - just wanted to double check.
[email protected]
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
I would rely on the Med school for leads on that.

Related Mental Health Questions