Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

lately, ive been cutting xanax xr and taking them figuring

Customer Question

lately, i've been cutting xanax xr and taking them figuring it's the same as cutting a regular xanax in half with little results and gastric distress. i have definitely been overdoing it with the xr-cutting in half-5-6mg because it does not seem to work and i have worsened my gasrtic distress. i hope that this is not the way to take it and the problems i'm having with the xr version. please help! medical medicine professional please. ernie
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
Hi Ernie:
mind if I answer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
if it's ok doc, can you answer another question instead? i'll pay alittle extra for the hassle. i'm no longer doing that. anyway, are you able to answer a question about recommendations on probiotic, dig enzymes and acidolphilus after a severe bacterial9amoebic? stomach infection? thanks, ernie
Glad you quit. You were defeating time release and getting high doses. I am afraid I don't know much of GI medicine. No need to pay. Just post question under medical instead of here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry to bother doc. but are we all even? this post is still under waiting for you list and accept answer. how in the heck do i delete this? thank you, ernie
Sorry, I don't close these things. I'll see that is done for you, then you can relist if you wish under health or medicine.
Take care, Ed