Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

My boyfriend and i met online a year ago and have now moved

Customer Question

My boyfriend and i met online a year ago and have now moved in together. I have a lot of issues being intimate with him for a variety of reasons. We have discussed them and things were ok for a week or so. The problem is when it comes to sex, i cant relax and do what he would like me to do i.e. different positions etc. How can I be more open to new experiences and help our relationship? It doesn't seem like a physical issue, as i enjoy sex with him, it feel more like my brain won't let me participate!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for visiting JA.

You are quite correct - the problem is your brain. For some reason, you obviously either fear trying something different, or feel that somehow it is 'dirty' or 'bad'.

The fact is that anything you both enjoy is fine - but no-one should ever be expected to indulge in a form of sexual activity which hurts, frightens or disgusts them.

I suggest that you have a look at this website and then have alook at it together.
You may well find something that looks interesting to you both.

Tell your partner what you would like, and experiment a little.