Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

hi i am really worry about my brother, because he seems to

Customer Question

hi
i am really worry about my brother, because he seems to be depended on xanax and citalopram.
he is saying that he cant stop taking them as he feels very bad, and sometimes he feels like something its going to happen to him and he is very scared.
he never had it any problem like that before, it only started like 3 or 4 years ago.
i have just read it some of the side effects that you can get of them and i am really worry about him.
it was not the idea of doctor for him to get them medicines, but he just went to a pharmacy and asked could help him. and they gave him those medicine.
this is because in my country there is not a very good service of hospitals.
please any advise will help!!!!!!!!!!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

If your brother has insurance, help him connect with a practice that offers Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP) This is usually a multi disciplinary practice offering counseling and access to a psychiatrist. He can also connect with an outside support group al anon (but getting professional assistance is a priority)