Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

i think my daughter is suffering with anorexia and i dont know

Customer Question

i think my daughter is suffering with anorexia and i dont know how to handle the situation.
she is 24 years old and has been living away from home since she was 17. we are very close. she fell in love at sixteen and he cheated on her twice in 5 yrs. met her present partner through the internet over two years ago. she is a qualified physochologist leaving university last year with a 2.1 and is now working with emotionally physically mentally hurt girls between 8 and 18. loves her job but has big problems with some staff members which appears to stress her out badly. is not sleeping well. her eating habits have always been poor but appear to have become much worse. Cathy is 5ft.10 and weighs 9 st and is size 8. am i worrying unnessasarily. if not what can i do to help her. she says she has no problem and i am frightened to push her on it. please help me as she appears to be fading away in front of my eyes
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  cathy replied 6 years ago.

Hi joshua and thanks for using

What is nine stone in kilos or pounds? Okay I looked it up and its 126 lbs. I am leaving your query open for other experts Joshua. Hang in there. Cathy

Edited by cathy on 3/2/2010 at 4:39 AM EST