Kelley
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
20327072

I have been suffering from deression for a long time. Mild

Customer Question

I have been suffering from deression for a long time. Mild at first, but lately(6 mo) it has caused me to seek help from my general internist. My Gen MD recommended a psychiatrist and signed the doctors certificate for the EDD as anxiety and depression. I now need to see a psychiatrist in San Mateo Ca. I do not know who to call or what to do. I need a low cost MD to help me since I do not have insurance or funds to pay for estension treatment.

Gene
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

There are a couple of placed to start.

One is calling your general MD and asking them to make the appointment for you at the local mental health clinic.

The second option is going to this site http://www.co.sanmateo.ca.us/portal/site/health/menuitem.e61f1c321415a767a181dda7917332a0/?vgnextoid=7c8579a5a91a0210VgnVCM1000001d37230aRCRD&vgnextfmt=DivisionsLanding and calling them yourself. This is the community mental health clinic and they will be able to see you at very low cost to free. They go on a sliding scale basis.

Another option is calling the local psychiatrist in your area and letting them know your situation. They may have a few sliding scale spots and may be willing to see you.

Please let me know if I can assist anymore! I am here to help.