Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Hello ! I am a 50 year old single Male who has had many difficulties

Customer Question

Hello !
I am a 50 year old single Male who has had many difficulties with peers over the years. The result is that I have not been able to establish one decent friendship though not through lack of trying. Perhaps several times I have tried too hard. I live in an area that is not very friendly and there are no clubs or organizations. That is why I am planning to move but I am most concerned that the problems I experienced with peers in the past will follow me through to the rest of my life. How can I make certain that past negative experiences do not continue. I am trying to break the cycle but at this point in time I have nothing to work with. Thanks.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi musicfan,

You're smart to think of this. There are some good articles on this site that might help you. You can also talk with a counselor to find out what about you comes off in a way that makes friendships difficult. I think feedback in your situation will be important.

Anna