Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

What is a good book for the loss of a 3 yr 0lds father. Father

What is a good book for the loss of a 3 yr 0ld's father. Father died from PTSD after Iraq. The child thinks he is somewhere and we will not take him to him.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi. 3 is quite young to understand death, there are books out there but most for older children. One for the young crowd is titled: I miss you, a first look at death by XXXXX XXXXX. There are others that are good but for a three year old I wouldn't recommend. The concept that he is in a grave and gone to heaven is difficult. My condolences to your family, I hope this helps.
Please click accept and leave feedback.