Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

How can I avoid my child to be spoiled be exhusband and his

How can I avoid my child to be spoiled be exhusband and his girlfriend?Child gets all expensive toys within them and better toys there.From thier side see no respect.Child is distracted,stressed and doesn like at all.saying things like he wish I woiuld loose my job,and he doesn t care about me.Talking to expartner doent help,the oposite is happaning...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

You're in a difficult situation, but a common one. What I recommend is that you pretend to enjoy the loot and your child's excitement about it. When they come at you with lines that sound adult-like or out of character from him, I would repeat it back. "you want me to lose my job? Hmmm" "Aww..that hurts my feelings that you don't like me" Say it and move right along. When he doesn't get as much response from you, he'll slow it down. You can't make the ex stop doing what they're doing..