Kelley
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
20327072

husband does want to sleep with me, he says that he loves me

Customer Question

husband does want to sleep with me, he says that he loves me and find me sexy, it was normal until we moved in together, then it slowed down and finally disappeared completely, we have since gotten married and for the past two years only sleep together once, when I basically packed my bags to leave him. he has admitted that he had problems in the past with two other relationships. he does not believe in counseling, but still went for a couple of weeks before we got married, however he stopped. I have caught him texting excessively two other women (both living in a different country - with no ties to where we live, he had known them before me, but never had physical relationship with either) -I called both...ofcause. when questioned he told me that it was fun, i asked him to text me instead and he told me that he would be embarrassed and it would feel strange. He has denied cheating and I do believe him for some strange reason.
Physically he is fine, what should i do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

I would encourage him to seek counseling with you again. This relationship needs some help and if he is not willing to seek help may fall apart. He needs to be communicating wtih you about what is going on and how he is feeling. The distance will only grow greater if this is not dealt with. I would not give him a choice in the matter I would suggest you insist on him getting the counseling with you for the sake of your marriage. If he absolutly refuses I would suggest you get counseling for yourself so you can begin to work with a counselor on how you feel about being in the marriage and what you are going to do. It sound like no matter what you do that he is not responding and you need to make sure you remain healthy emotionally and happy. Please let me know if I can assist anymore. I am here to help.

If you are satisfied with your answer please press accept and leave feedback.

Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience: BSW, MSW, LCSW
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not really impressed with the answer and do feel that it was a waste, but thnaks anyway