Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

I am 30 yr old been going out with this girl for the past 6

Customer Question

I am 30 yr old been going out with this girl for the past 6 months i have some issues that keep playing on my mind .

1.She was very religious and was married to a very religious jewish man who she had a kid with (which bother me) . She divorced him after 2 years most people have told me she actualy had a affair but when i confronted her she denied it.

2.When we met we became intermit quiet quickly and she told me that she would be going to greece to meet another man , she said she would not go cause she liked me , i said i cant tell you what to do u need to make that choice , i back away for a few days to see what her decision would be and she went to mee this guys in greece .

3.She came back and was involved with this guy about two weeks later we went for coffee and landed up being intermit together i felt really bad because of the other guy . He even dumped her and as a friend i was there for her .

4.She said she really loved me not him

5.she is 29 and slept with 27 guys
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

It does not sound like she knows what she wants out of a relationship or she does not want serious relationships and only flings.

It may be a good idea to find out where she stands. Unless she is absolutely committed to a relationship and to make changes in her behavior, she will continue to act like she had done i past situations. You would want to ask yourself what do you expect from her and if why you're interested in her.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

She has changed her behaviour and ways and is def commited to us but i think u misunderstood those were the course of events in the begging of the realtionship about 5 months ago . But i have big worries looking at her behaviour in the begging and now that she has a successfull buisness man she knows its a good thing . We she get the 5 year itch and go back to her old ways and leave me being hurt like she did to her ex-husband . Should i get it now

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

If something is bothering you, there is a reason for it and you would have to work with it. Maybe at the back of your back you;re wondering still about her commitment.

If she is willing to go to couple's counseling, you could see what she's got to say and work the issue together versus you by yourself.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.