Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist.

Im in a relationship with an amazing man, whom I love very

I'm in a relationship with an amazing man, whom I love very much. The problem is, I sometimes have very severe anxiety attacks due to PTSD, and I sometimes end up hurting myself.

He doesn't like this, understandably enough, but tonight he went overboard, and used it against me in an argument. How can I make him understand that I do not want to hurt myself? How can I rely to him that I don't always have control over myself during a flashback?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
What I would do is invite him in to one of your therapy appointments and have your therapist explain some of this to him. That way he can have a professional opinion on 1) what you are dealing with, and 2) how he can best help you. Ask your therapist first if they would be willing to do this. I know I have.