Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I am on adderall SR 25 twice daily and 10 mg short acting in

I am on adderall SR 25 twice daily and 10 mg short acting in the am. I feel as though I still need a little boost in the late pm/ early am but am concerned because I seem to be on a high dosage. Is there a maximum dose for adults?

Hi debmd,

You're not on the highest dose's 30mg per capsule. In the official literature, it shows that doses above 20mg don't appear to have any increased positive effect in adults. I'll beg to differ from that, as I've seen people on more, and they both needed it and did fine. Also, as long as you're getting them from one pharmacist, they'll alert you if your doctor over prescribes, so you've got 2 safeguards in place.

My best to you.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.