Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I am 21, and am absolute suicidal. I have had emotional deprivation

Customer Question

I am 21, and am absolute suicidal. I have had emotional deprivation disorder since being taken from my father at age 3, by my mother, who has been declared insane by numerious health professionals. She kept me in a constant state of rejection, and consequently I have never been able to form a single friendship/relationship since. I recently escaped her, and finally, after 5 months of living with my biological father, I cracked, and had a mental breakdown. I have now regressed to toddler age, in almost every sense, and have developed a parental attachment to my father (who I didn't know for 18 years). My problem is that I require constant affection. When I cry, he hugs me, and it is very healing. But like a child, I have the need for unconditional love, and I need close contact every few minutes. My father is a busy working man, and doesn't have this kind of time for me. I long for a mother, who I can just hold whenever I am sad. But there is little sypmathy for an adult, 3 year old.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Maria-Moderator replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. We at JustAnswer care about you very much and want you to live. JustAnswer is not designed for emergencies but really do want you to get the help you need right away. We urge you to visit the following website that contains contact information for resources in many countries around the world.

Best wishes and warmest regards,
Maria and The JustAnswer Team