Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

what types of psychotherapy is used in being a child psych

what types of psychotherapy is used in being a child psychologist
Thank you for using A child psychologist can use a number of different therapies usually the best bet would be to call the psychologist and "interview" them to see what type of therapy they use. Most would probably use a range of cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy, family therapy, group therapy and use of medication management knowledge to help a child. They also will often conduct a number of testing resources to diagnose a child and to get a clearer picture of the issues that are going on with the child.

I hope this answer helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,