Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

hi my name is kristine, i believe im having problems with depression.

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX believe im having problems with depression. often times, im ok for the most part. but if a crisis comes, no matter how big or small, i spiral down to feeling hopeless, pathetic, and losing interest in things. then after its all done, it'll stop for a while, and when another crisis comes, im back where i started.
Hi Kristine,
Thank you for using JustAnswer. So sorry to hear you are going through this. It does sound like you are experiencing serious recurrent episodes of depression. It's great that you have tried St Johns Wort and relaxation techniques. You can also incorporate regular exercise to help with the depression. Also, most communities have depression support groups that are very helpful. However, depression is an illness that may need to be treated with medication and/or therapy. If you have already tried the things you mentioned and are still having problems, I would suggest seeing a therapist and possibly a psychiatrist for an evaluation to see if medications will help.

I hope this answer helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further clarificatIon of this answer.

Take care,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you, that did help a bit. where would i find a depression support group?
Hi there, your best bet is to google 'depression support groups' or you can call mental health facilities in your area. Sometimes they will have a resource list available. Also, you can try hospitals that deal with long term illnesses. They may have a resource list as well.
Thank you for this question as well and all the best,