Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

my boyfriends soon to be ex wife is causing us havoc. she is

my boyfriends soon to be ex wife is causing us havoc. she is a control freak which is why he left her. she dominated him in their marriage for 35 years, all their children are grown up. he was left with low self esteem. she physically abused him on several occasions, opened his mail, read his odometer checking distances he drove in the car. he left her 3 years ago and we lived in a defacto relationship off and on during that time. she caused trouble would come around screaming ringing him constantly and had several gos at me by way of physical and verbal abuse. she came around one night and stood outside listening to our conversation and knocked at the door. he opened it and she stormed in and king hit me which split my lip. she ordered him out which he complied with to get her away from me as she was fuming. i had her charged with assault the next day. she would do hang up calls also. she is a perfectionist and obssessive in her house and work. she has no hobbies. whats wrong
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

It sounds like he's going to need a restraining order against her, and also to start the process of having her charged with stalking. The lady has a screw loose and sounds delusional. She has mental health issues and needs treatment.

You won't be able to make her let go. All you can do is to protect yourself and keep your boundaries. Get what legal protection you can - this will only get worse when the divorce is over.

Borderline personality disorder

Read the link above and it will help you. Protect yourself - she won't be changing any time soon.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.