Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

i am 23 yrs. old. i am a mother of 3. i have 7 mth. old twin

Customer Question

i am 23 yrs. old. i am a mother of 3. i have 7 mth. old twin boys and a 2yr. old boy. the problem is i hav had an eating disorder since i was n the 4th grade. it was the 1st time i made myself throw up. now i abuse laxatives 2 the point that i am completely drained of energy that i can hardly walk, let alone take care of 3 babies. i still throw up at least once a day and if i cant do all that i dont eat. my kids are my life but im scared im not gonna be around much longer for theirs. i cant go to a treatment facitility because i dont have the $ and i cant leave my familiy plus im 2 embarresed 2 let anyone know the truth even though the already suspect. how can i bat this after so long? how can i see myself the way other people see me? i only see fat but only weigh 90lbs. can i get off laxatives without gaining weight? please help! do i hav mdd? oh and i hav talked psychiatrists about this but it never seemed to help that was 4 yrs.ago though
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

Hi jerb,

Low money, 3 kids, a long history of an eating disorder and hooked on laxatives. You've got it bad, and are going to have a hard time getting out to get help. I think you should try some of the many online support groups/blogs, and online OA meetings. This way you can do it when you have time and pair up with some peers to help each other out of the mire.

You can get off laxatives, but you will bloat for a bit, which will feel like weight to you. Remember that you can't gain weight from food you haven't eaten. The laxatives just send it through your system faster and make you "feel" like you've escaped the calories.

You're right about not being there for you kids...when your head is filled with thoughts of food and all that goes with an eating disorder, they feel the distance, but not as much as if you were to die from it. They do need you...you've got enough on your plate without the burden of an eating disorder. Hook up with some other moms online and look for new hope.

groups

online groups

Anna

Edited by Anna on 2/1/2010 at 9:51 PM EST