Dr. Ed Wilfong
Dr. Ed Wilfong, Psychologist
Experience:  Twenty-five years treating all ages; Specialities: psychopharmacology & diagnosis, MMPI-2, testing.

My husband and I been married 10 years known each other almost

Customer Question

My husband and I been married 10 years known each other almost 14 years and argue alot. He tends to just blurt out anything. An example would be if I ask him the question Have I ever done that to you? His response is yes. And then my next question is when, he'll then answer he doesnt know but hes sure its happend he just can remember. Is there a name for this???

Another thing he does everyday is like if he is watching the tv. and leaves the house to go to the store he leaves the tv. on and even the light. When I ask him why he saids he didn't notice it. Another example is if he gets a dish out of the pantry like a glass he doesnt close it. when I ask why he didn't close it he saids he didn't even see it. Theres several more examples but my question is: Is he just lazy or is there a medical diagnosis???
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Ed Wilfong replied 6 years ago.
I don't see any clear diagnosis or reason to suspect one. He sounds like he is just not paying attention and concentrating. Some couples counseling would be my recommendation. Many different professionals, from LCSW, Licensed counselors, and psychologists do it. Just ask them when you try to choose one.