Wendy M
Wendy M, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Over 16 years in chemical dependency and the mental health field.
28742334

Im a 36 year-old male in generally good health. I have been

I'm a 36 year-old male in generally good health. I have been taking Wellbutrin 200 SR for about 10 days. I also take 100mg of Zoloft. I have an appt. with my psychiatrist on Friday. I am feeling very anxious. Would it be possible to quit taking the Wellbutrin cold turkey as the SR does not allow for breaking the pill in half?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Wendy M replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

The Wellbutrin can cause some of the anxiety that you speak of. The best recommendation, that I can give, is to call your psychiatrist today and let him know about the anxiety that you are experiencing. I wouldn't just stop the meds, without letting the psychiatrist know about it.

When there are side effects, due to new medications, the psychiatrist will call you back. He may decide to tell you to stop cold turkey, or him may give you 100mg samples to try for a few days, to come off a bit more slowly. But, I would definitely call him today and get his/her recommendation about what to do. But, I can't say that I would suggest you come off of the medication, as only your prescribing physician would be able to tell you this.

I hope this helps some.

Take care,
Wendy